Character Quotes, A Resource Guide
So, sometimes characters need quotes. Lyrics. Words. A sentence. A set of words combined to help better define who they are. If you will kindly peek below, you’ll be able to find some words compiled so delicately that will fit a character or two.
These will be good for:
- Character bios
- Character pages
- Witty characters/replies
- Pick-up lines
- Perspective characters/replies
- Romantic characters/replies
- Suicidal characters
- Troubled characters
- Untroubled characters
→Quotes taken from: film, books, television, songs.
Please like/reblog if you find it useful!
QUOTES FROM FILM:
- I’m not afraid of the things that I have done, but those I did not do.
- There’s 24 usable hours in every day.
- I went to rock and roll heaven and I wasn’t on the guest list.
- Why do I get the feeling that I’m being royally screwed?
- What’s with today today?
- The time to hesitate is through.
- Why don’t you all just fade away?
- Isn’t it customary to leave the scene after committing the crime?
- We mustn’t dwell… no, not today.
- I guess nobody really has it all together.
- I am guided by a force much greater than luck.
- Who knows where thoughts come from? They just appear.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Right now we are alive and in this moment I swear we are infinite.
- My life is officially an after school special.
- You’re not small, you’re beautiful.
- We accept the love we think we deserve.
The Art of Getting By
- You can’t just sit there and put everybody’s lives ahead of yours and think it counts as love.
- I have fears but I thought they were pretty run-of-the-mill: pain, death.
- You’re going to have to start using that brain of yours to access that talent of yours to show that beautiful heart of yours.
- You know ticklish people make great lovers.
- Just be careful, they have an easier time of getting by than you do.
- Women like being desired. Just throw her up against a wall and start kissing her. Chances are she’ll kiss you back, and if she doesn’t, at least you tried.
- There you go with the mind games, treacherous, sadistic little hussy
- We live alone, We die alone. Everything else is just an illusion
- If people die the moment that they graduate, then surely it’s the things we do beforehand that count.
- If you never do anything, you never become anyone.
- The life I want, there is no shortcut.
- There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.
QUOTES FROM BOOKS:
The Hunger Games
- The more likable he is, the more deadly he is.
- She has no idea. The effect she can have.
- Scores only matter if they’re very good, no one pays much attention to the bad or mediocre ones.
- I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.
- Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place where I love you.
- You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.
- I don’t go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me.
- I realised I cant shut myself away or crack up. It could be me next, couldn’t it?
- I like a quiet life, you know me.
- I mark the hours everyone, now have I outrun the sun. My use and value unto you are gauged by what you have to do.
The Fault in our Stars
- I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once.
- My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.
- That’s the thing about pain…it demands to be felt.
- You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world…but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.
- The marks humans leave are too often scars.
- Some people don’t understand the promises they’re making when they make them.
- Books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.
- Grief does not change you, it reveals you.
- The world is not a wish-granting factory.
- Without pain, how could we know joy?
- I believe the universe wants to be noticed. I think the universe is inprobably biased toward the consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed. And who am I, living in the middle of history, to tell the universe that it-or my observation of it-is temporary?
- That’s part of what I like about the book in some ways. It portrays death truthfully. You die in the middle of your life, in the middle of a sentence.
- You are so busy being YOU that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are.
- The pleasure of remembering had been taken from me, because there was no longer anyone to remember with. It felt like losing your co-rememberer meant losing the memory itself, as if the things we’d done were less real and important than they had been hours before.
- I’m a grenade and at some point I’m going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties, okay?
- Because you are beautiful. I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided awhile ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence
Looking For Alaska
- The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.
- When I look at my room, I see a girl who loves books.
- At some point, you just pull off the Band-Aid, and it hurts, but then it’s over and you’re relieved.
- What you must understand about me is that I’m a deeply unhappy person.
- I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God.
- Sometimes you lose a battle. But mischief always wins the war.
- I just did some calculations and I’ve been able to determine that you’re full of shit.
- That didn’t happen, of course. Things never happened the way I imagined them.
- There are times when it is appropriate, even preferable, to get an erection when someone’s face is in close proximity to your penis.
- If only we could see the endless string of consequences that result from our smallest actions. But we can’t know better until knowing better is useless.
- If people were like rain, I was like drizzle and she was a hurricane.
QUOTES FROM TELEVISION:
- Friendship dies and true love lies, Night will fall and the dark will rise, When a good man goes to war
- The universe is big, its vast and complicated, and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.
- Bunk beds are cool, a bed with a ladder, you can’t beat that!
- A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting
- We’re all stories, in the end.
- As we learn about each other, so we learn about ourselves
- Why do humans never do as they’re told? Someone should replace you all with robots. No, on second though, they shouldn’t, bad idea.
- It’s a funny thing about stories. It doesn’t feel like you make them up, more like you find them.
How I Met Your Mother
- I mean I love babies. Babies rule. Pudgy arms and stuff. But, uh, they make you old. Kinda like this anchor weighing you down to one spot… forever.
- If I catch you even so much as breathing the same air as her I will take those peanuts you’re trying to pass off as testicles and I will squeeze them so hard until your eyes pop out and then I’ll feed them to you like grapes.
- It’s gonna be legend-… wait for it… and I hope you’re not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is DAIRY!
- She wants casual… Okay, I’ll be casual. I’m gonna be a mushroom cloud of casual. You know why? ‘Cause it’s a game. I wanted to skip to the end and do the whole happily ever after thing, but you don’t get there unless you play the game.
- It’s not about the destination. It’s about the journey
- Fuck the future dude. Come to London, have a laugh.
- Its conceptual. You just can’t see it.
- Do you know what hurts most about a broken heart? Not being able to remember how you felt before.
- It’s a fucking stupid, messed up world. I’ve got my God; he speaks to me every day. Some things I just can’t work out, so I leave them be.
- It’s weird, isn’t it? I’m from Mars, you’re from Venus. I do things, you worry about them.
The Big Bang Theory
- We could go to the cadaver lab at UCLA and play real-life Operation. I mean, the nose doesn’t light up, but if the corpse is fresh enough, sometimes you can get the leg to jerk.
- Howard’s mother had a heart attack because I have sex with him and she can’t.
- The guy’s one lab accident away from being a super villain.
- One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
- I’m a vegetarian, except for fish, and the occasional steak. I LOVE STEAK!
- I’m not insane, my mother had me tested!
- Interesting. You’re afraid of insects and women. Ladybugs must render you catatonic.
The Vampire Diaries
- Things that really, really hurt are the right things to do.
- I’m scared that if I let myself be happy for one minute, that the my world’s going to come crashing down and I don’t know if I’ll be able to survive that.
- She feels lonely all the time, she wants to be accepted, by anyone, on any terms, but she feels apart. As if nobody who really got to know her would trust her.
- It’s not wrong to hustle hustlers. It’s like killing murderers, a public service.
- When people see good they expect good. And I don’t want to have to live up to anybody’s expectations.
- You should love the person that makes you glad that you’re alive.
- It’s done. That part of my life is done. I don’t want to see you. I don’t want to be with you. I just want you to go.
- No matter what I feel for you, I…I never un-fell for him.
- I’ve been in love. It’s painful and pointless and overrated.
- We choose our own path. Our values and our actions, they define who we are.
- I get angry when I go without sleep.
- It’s a beautiful day to save lives. Let’s have some fun.
- You know what? You’re gonna have to get over the whole man thing, George! We’re women! We have vaginas! Get used to it!
- The only person that can keep a promise so big is God, and I haven’t seen him pick up a scalpel lately.
- I can’t think of a single reason why I should be a surgeon, but I can think of a thousand reasons why I should quit. They make it hard on purpose… there are lives in our hands. There comes a moment when it’s more than just a game, and you either take that step forward or turn around and walk away. I could quit but here’s the thing, I love the playing field.
- We’re adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?
- At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don’t keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That’s how we’re made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines… that are way too dangerous to cross.
- Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we’re wired that way. Because without it, I don’t know; maybe we just wouldn’t feel real. What’s that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.
- I know it’s not perfect, but it’s life. Life is messy sometimes.
- I’ve heard that it’s possible to grow up - I’ve just never met anyone who’s actually done it.
- If you knew this was your last day on Earth, how would you wanna spend it?
Coheed and Cambria
- Would things have changed if I could’ve stayed?
- Would you have loved me either way?
- Decision sits so make it quick.
- I would’ve figured you out, way before the year clocked out.
- You may be invited, girl, but you’re not coming in.
- You can’t punish the sane.
- Try that shit motherfucker, I’ll knock your teeth in.
- Like a beggar to Christ, what I wish of you.
- Would you do anything to work out all the wrong?
- Please don’t tell my secrets, keep them hidden.
Armor for Sleep
- I wake up and think dreams are real
- I sleep so I don’t have to feel
- I don’t care that you left and abandoned me. What hurts more is I would still die for you.
- Don’t think back, don’t think of me at all.
- I came down to tell you it rains in heaven all day long.
- Don’t believe the weather is perfect the day that you die.
- The lights outside turn into knives and I forget how to get home.
- The city was a blueprint for hell
- Brooklyn’s a deathbed.
- Living lives just like deer in headlights. Terrified, blind and wait to die.
- You’ll get a bullet in the back of the neck, in the back of the neck right between the eyes.
- The awkward ways you recoil when I get close.
- Repetition makes an impression.
- Replacing old dreams with flattery from new loves.
- You’re putting all your time into the things that don’t mean anything to me.
- You just can’t relax, and you can’t rely on anyone for anything.
Panic! at the Disco
- If you talk, you better walk, you better back your shit up.
- Oh he’s slightly clever just to a certain extent.
- Boy, you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue.
- The hospice is a relaxing weekend getaway.
- Prescribed pills to offset the shakes, to offset the pills. You know you should take it a day at a time.
- Give me envy, give me malice give me your attention.
- Is it still me that makes you sweat? Am I who you think about in bed?
- I’ve got more wit, a better kiss, a hotter touch, a better fuck than any boy you’ll ever meet, sweetie you had me.
- Can’t take the kid from the fight, take the fight from the kid.